Here are some tips on how to get the most from your massage session:
- Don’t eat just before a massage session. Your body should have time to digest your meal first.
- Be on time. It is quite difficult to relax if you arrive in a rushed state.
- Try to be open-minded and receptive to the massage therapist and session.
- Let the massage therapist know your expectations and reasons for the massage.
- If you have a preference, communicate with the therapist.
- Provide feedback to the massage therapist advising on the amount of pressure you desire, report any discomfort or distractions from the technique, music, temperature, etc. Remember this is your time and the therapist is there for you.
- Breathing properly helps us relax, so try to breathe normally.
- Drink plenty of water after your massage, this helps to flush away any toxins released from your soft tissue.
- Take your time when getting up from a massage. Try to take in how you feel, the effects of the session, and make sure you are not dizzy or lightheaded.