Why is massage therapy so important for your health?
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety
- Enhanced sleep quality
- Greater energy
- Improved concentration
- Increased circulation
- Reduced fatigue
Your body strives to maintain optimum health by keeping all of its systems in balance. Along with proper nutrition, exercise and rest, massage relaxes tense muscles and stimulates the body’s communication lines to help it do its job — and to keep you feeling your best. Therapeutic effects of massage are cumulative, so make regular massage a priority in your life for a healthier tomorrow!
Discover Joseph Bodywork’ signature treatments and prepaid packages and book a session today.
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion
- Ease medication dependence
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin
- Increase joint flexibility
- Lessen depression and anxiety
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling
- Reduce spasms and cramping
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller
- Relieve migraine pain
Many already view massage as an important approach to relieving muscle pain or as a means to relax. However, regular massages play a significant role to help you reach, improve and maintain your best health. It is important to choose a qualified massage therapist who has undertaken all the necessary training requirements to understand the theory and practice of massage therapy.
Joseph Bodywork’s Training and Certifications